LALALALALALA CHAMELEON. AH UU AH UUU
I`m really SORRY but I have to do this.
Most of the food we consume have large insoluble molecules such as starch, protein and fat that cannot diffuse through the cell membrane. These large and insoluble molecules have to be broken down into smaller soluble molecules which can then be absorbed by the bloodstream and then, into the cells.
*gasps for breath*
Digestion of food starts in the mouth. The food is broken down into smaller substances. It is then mixed with saliva and ptylin. The ptylin breaks down the large starch molecules into maltose molecules. The food is then swallowed into the oesphagus, where no digestion takes place. The food is pushed down towards the stomach when the muscles of the oesphagus contract and relax. The stomach secretes gastric juices; hydrocholric acid, proteases and water. Proteases start the breakdown of the long chains of protein molecules into shorter protein chains. The hydrocholric acid kills unwanted bacteria. When the food leaves the stomach, it is in the form of semi-liquid mass whichis released in small amounts into the duodenum. In the duodenum, lipase breaks down the fats into simple units of fatty acids and glycerol. The shortened chains of proteins are futher broken into small units of amino acids by proteases. The carbohydrates which have not been fully digested in the mouth are further broken down into glucose because of the carbohydrases. Towards the end of the ileum, digested food molecules which are small and soluble diffuse through the partially permeable membrane into the blood stream. In the colon, water and mineral salts are absorbed into the blood stream. The remaining undigested contents are move to the rectum and are stored as faeces.
If only I could regurgitate everything out like that. It would be the bomb.
I need to pass science, dammit. Tessa and I were joking about how we needed to get like 89++ marks just to pass math, overall. Psychotic.
Maths was some how manageable. Although I sort of freaked out when I saw the time graph. See what you get when you don`t pratice that enough? Geez.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home